Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HorseCrazyy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Summerford

Summerford Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2014
    Smithville Ms
    My wife and I have a teacup Yorkie and he likes trying to lick them. He licked one other day and the chick chirped. Then he did it again and she chirped again. Now they are friends.

1 person likes this.
  2. Anira

Anira Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Fossil, OR
    Our vicious Pit/Akita mix that will lick you to death. And my sister's German Shepherd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is older, but yeah... And yes I still have my Christmas tree up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. moonflowerfarms

moonflowerfarms Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2012
    Golden, CO
    We got our cheepies in the mail today!!!!! Yay!!! Sad that 3 were dead in the box, and another that I have separated I don't think is going to make it. And stinking Meyer Hatchery forgot to put in our 2 blue cochins. =( But Im super excited anyway. We're going to sell the ones we're not keeping as pullets. We're planning on doing it again next year, so we built a brooder that will last, but that we can flat pack into the shed. So here's the brooder too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Summerford

Summerford Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2014
    Smithville Ms
    Super Nice moonflowerfarms.

5. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    I just looked up sex linked traits in slw...it came up with a thread on here a breeder said that males usually have whiter chests and shoulders I will take a picture of mine in a bit when they are all in a group you can pick out the males..the marks have pretty much wore off...

6. AmazingChickens

AmazingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2014
    Florida
    My friend just bought 30 chicks!!!

7. piggirl19

piggirl19 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2013
    IN PET LAND! :D
    I love this !might have to do this in the future:)

8. moonflowerfarms

Jan 15, 2012
    Golden, CO
    So you have the info: the brooder was simple. 4 pieces of plywood, 2 sets of hinges, enough 2x2 posts. We left the plywood whole on the sides, so we didn't have to put a top on it. Cut one in half for the ends, since they're 4x4s. We then cut them in half and put on hinges so we can get in and out easily. Put hooks on the top to hold it up (secure hooks, since we have kids). Put left over 2x2s along the bottom so we had somewhere to screw the boards in along the bottom. The heater holder is just an old metal bookshelf from goodwill. When we're done, we unscrew it, and pack it flat in the shed. It's big enough for up to 32 chicks (as long as you don't keep them in there too long.)

9. moonflowerfarms

Jan 15, 2012
    Golden, CO
    Oh yeah, and we also put in the viewing window in one side for the kids, but of course put chicken wire across so they can't reach in and grab anyone.

10. JaceAgain

JaceAgain Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Coastal NC
    https://www.facebook.com/riverwisepoultry/posts/411455075628125
    "Many times there will be very light colored chicks (pictured on the left) and very dark chicks (pictured on the right). Some think this is an indicator of sex or color quality. This is not true in the slightest.
    Wyandottes do not possess the specific gene to display color as a sexing method. "

I thought if they had sex specific color traits they were sex-links and therefore not silver Lace Wyandottes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by