Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HorseCrazyy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Christags07

Christags07 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2013
    Chicago
    [​IMG]

2. Christags07

Christags07 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2013
    Chicago
    [​IMG]

3. tnspursfan09

tnspursfan09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2013
    Limestone, TN
    Adorable...and the chicks are cute too.

4. SparkMonkey

SparkMonkey Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2014
    Lebanon, Indiana
    After three years of renting our house, a year of owning, and a lot of talking about it, we FINALLY have our chickens! Three each of Rhode Island Reds, Silver Laced Wyandottes, and Barred Rocks. All of the RIR and Wyandottes are girls; the BR are straight run. We're hoping for one rooster. We had a BR rooster when I was a kid and he was very sweet and friendly. But if we do get one from this batch and he's *not* friendly, it's off to the freezer with him. I don't have the space or the patience to hold onto a jerk rooster, even if it means the hens are a little more vulnerable when they're outdoors. Anyway, here's our little brood! They're all eating, drinking, pooping and peeping. [​IMG] Husband was so cute with them--he'd never held a baby chick before and was surprised at how tiny yet tough they are.

[​IMG]

I built this huge, gorgeous, 4x8 brooder for them, and it's so cold in our garage the poor things can barely venture away from the heat lamp. [​IMG] I even blocked in the end with the lamp in an effort to retain more heat there. I wish spring would get sprung already!

1 person likes this.
  5. MeatNeggs2012

MeatNeggs2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Berlin Heights, Ohio
    Whats on the end of the water bottle? I missed original post

6. Summerford

Summerford Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2014
    Smithville Ms
    That is a water nipple. I use them for my hens. I need to get one for my chicks so they can learn early.

7. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN

It really does keep the brooder much drier! I rigged up a juice bottle because it was squared in shape and sits nicely against the wall. The chicks take right to it. Interesting to me that my local co-op now sells nipples and a premade 3-gallon bucket waterer. When I asked there five years back, they had no clue what I was talking about.

8. Summerford

Summerford Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2014
    Smithville Ms
    i wish the co op's around me sold the nipples. I hate paying twice the amount for just shipping.

9. MeatNeggs2012

MeatNeggs2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Berlin Heights, Ohio
    Thank you

10. Felica

Felica New Egg

Mar 24, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    [​IMG]
    These 3 are our first chicks ever. Feed store said they are golden sexlinks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by