Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

I have to get them out in pairs lol. Easier to handle that way! More pics of the newbies to come :). My other babies are all so big :(. All out in their new coop like big kids. Although I think the big ones are pushing littler ones around. When I went out they were laying in the pine shaving in two groups.

They'll do that, even if no one is being mean. Chicks who brood together tend to stick together, and will be reluctant to integrate with the rest of the flock. I had a pair of bantam d'uccles that I bought long after the chicks preceding them had feathered out and integrated with the adults. They were the only two chicks of their age at the time, and even though none of the other chickens bullied them, they kept to themselves until they were nearly a year old. They only just started mingling with the flock a few months ago.

2 SLW, 2 BLRW, 2 SL Polish, 2 "Saipan Jungle Fowl", and 2 "Thailand Jungle Fowl" (results may vary on Jungle Fowl). Will do individual pics tomorrow.

Well these all brooded together they were just different ages and the older ones went to the coop first. Now my next deal will be to slowly integrate them with my 4 hens :). Wish me luck!

Last edited:

not a chick but still cute blue Swedish duck hatched last Saturday...yes i know it is black they produce blue,black and splash babies

not a chick but still cute blue Swedish duck hatched last Saturday...yes i know it is black they produce blue,black and splash babies

Awe! Adorable!

I stopped at TSC tonight and all the really little ducks were all wet. They had a tub of water and had just finished letting them all swim. Sorry I missed that!

Back
Top Bottom