Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

This hen wondered onto my property one day and slowly integrated into my flock...she then hatched all but her own babies, due to the fact that my rooster was too short. My flock was all bantams back then :)

5 day old barred rocks.

our 11 wee meaties :) we just moved them outside at 4 weeks old. It got down to 12c last night but they all fine and loving it. The chicken tractor has a enclosed area with lots of straw to snuggle into.

Joe keeps telling me to stop playing with my food!! but they are so sweet and love sitting in my hand and having their bellys rubbed!!

From the brooder in the house to the chicken tractor in the garage for a week and now outside for the first time!!

omg what is that green stuff!! its grass!! silly chickens didn't want to walk on it lol

Miss Guinea coming to visit lol

chillin' out in the tractor and loving it!!

our wee 2 day old barred rocks that arrived yesterday :) we got 6 of them :)

meatie hen at 18 weeks see the slw cockrel the same age....she is turkey size trying to keep 2 around to breed with some rocks for our own meaties that don't poop as bad

I have one chick I hatched that looks just like these...what are they? Mine is a total mutt. The mom is an uneaster eggerly Easter Eggers mix, and the dad is a blue copper marans mix. His dad was a blue copper marans I have no idea what his mom was... and my "easter egger" might have been an easter egger a few generations ago, but now she looks like a dark blue pea combed orpington. So... I have no idea other than it is feathering in solid silvery light gray so far...well its feathers match it's down

meatie hen at 18 weeks see the slw cockrel the same age....she is turkey size trying to keep 2 around to breed with some rocks for our own meaties that don't poop as bad
meat birds are very sweet. We got 15 last year and once one's legs starting going out we went ahead and processed them all. Would have loved to keep a roo though. I didn't foresee any of the hens making it with their smaller legs. But I went out when they were around I don't know between 9 & 12 weeks old and 2 were stuck sitting in the back of the brooder with their legs kicked out in front of them. Even though I let them out everyday during the day. They would literally just sit wherever you set them down at, unless you put food close by, then they would waddle to the food. Had good luck sprinkling small amounts of food all about on the ground and making them hunt for it, until i noticed they would find a spot with some food and just plop down there until they had eaten it and then waddle and plop down at them next spot with food... lol. I have a salmon faverolle hen that does that now. Although i think think she might do it so nobody else can get anything to eat. Lol. When i toss out their corn she goes and just plops down in the center of the biggest pile and strikes the sunbathing chicken pose and then eats her fill of what is under and near her.

Back
Top Bottom