Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Some pics of my first chicks. 5 assorted bantams. Not 100% on the breeds, but love them and can't wait for their feathers to grow in.

Congratulations!!!!

So we ended up getting 5 ducks.. No clue what kind they are and can't find any threads about duckling baby's
Any pics?
big_smile.png

Just hatched this little guy. Total surprise, let me tell you! Was set to go into lockdown tonight with 5 others but when I opened the incubator lid to add a little more water and unhook the auto turner he was staring back at me reproachfully. Not sure how I miscalculated the dates so bad but I'm glad everything seems to be going well. 2 more pips so far!
Cute, I love the coloring! Is it a guinea?

New mama here!
Just picked up 9 bantam chicks from a friend. After much googling and searching on here, I'm pretty sure they are Silkies?
smile.png

Welcome! Those are very cute chickies, and yup, look like white silkies to me
thumbsup.gif

Yesterday I found a chick hatchling looking pretty dead and cold as could be next to its mama. It was limp but not stiff so Igave it mouth to beak as I rushed it in the house. Since I had the quail brooder going I brought it in and held it very close to the lamp. It warmed up and started moving. I have it with me and it stays sometimes with the quail and does fine with them. Often I hold it so it gets to know me. I tried giving it back to its mama but it kept returning to my hand. I just cant force it to go back to a situation where it almost died. It stays with me and will be my next house chicken.

Yesterday I found a chick hatchling looking pretty dead and cold as could be next to its mama. It was limp but not stiff so Igave it mouth to beak as I rushed it in the house. Since I had the quail brooder going I brought it in and held it very close to the lamp. It warmed up and started moving. I have it with me and it stays sometimes with the quail and does fine with them. Often I hold it so it gets to know me. I tried giving it back to its mama but it kept returning to my hand. I just cant force it to go back to a situation where it almost died. It stays with me and will be my next house chicken.
Awww...look at those fuzzy yellow legs!

These are our new babies. Picked them up on Wednesday to graft to our broody, DiDi.

"Rainbow Layer" currently not named

Production Red named Peep

"Rainbow Layer" named Joan

Barred Rock named Nemesis

If anyone has clues as to the "real" breed of the rainbow layers feel free to chime in.

Back
Top Bottom