Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

I am new to this breed as well, I stumbled across them when I was researching breeds this spring and thought they were beautiful. My feed store just happened to have some left the day I picked up my chicks so needless to say I couldn't resist. From what I've read they are a smaller chicken, lay white eggs, and are good foragers. They seem to have mixed reviews when it comes to temperment so I'm trying to handle them regularly.

I've been looking at information on them today as well. Everything you've said, I've found as well. In addition, they are NOT cold tolerant...dang.

So that's a deal-breaker. I'll have to stand in line with those that WANT, but probably won't ... HAVE.

Finally I have some chick pics to share!! Here are my favorites!! No names yet.

My Sicilian Buttercup.

This little True Blue Whiting.

This freebie Australorp Roo

And this Golden Polish that for some reason has a spot in its top hat and a streak of blueish/silver on its back.

Can't wait to see all of them grow up!!

Finally I have some chick pics to share!! Here are my favorites!! No names yet.

My Sicilian Buttercup.

This little True Blue Whiting.

This freebie Australorp Roo

And this Golden Polish that for some reason has a spot in its top hat and a streak of blueish/silver on its back.

Can't wait to see all of them grow up!!

I think she had a spot. At one point she lost her feathers where the white is now - I believe the others picked at her top hat. They grew back white. I guess that makes the adage about plucking grey hairs true!

No way I hope mine gets a white and black poof!!! That would be awesome. Might have to keep both of mine if that's the case tho.
I think she had a spot. At one point she lost her feathers where the white is now - I believe the others picked at her top hat. They grew back white. I guess that makes the adage about plucking grey hairs true!

Back
Top Bottom