Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

yt

These are our new chicks. 2 Buff Orpington and 3 "barnyard mixes"

I took new pictures of my babies today. They are about 10-12 days old. The feed store got them in last Saturday and that is when I bought them.

This is Ursula my RIR - she is smaller than the rest and her wing span is sparse compared to the rest. her little body from behind top looks like a tarantula with wings.
She is timid with me but can pick on her brooder mates without a problem.

This one is Chirp - I think she is a Buff Orpington. She loves to show off her wings! She's active and loves to play with her brooder mates. She will hop into my hand if anyone else does. She's never the first one to do that.

This is Chic-Monk (named by my 3yr old granddaughter) I think she's a Black Australorp (if you think not, please tell me...) She's very shy, appears to be lazy. Would rather sit than stand and will even sit as she drinks or eats. But she's up and fighting if there's meal worms around. She will sit in my hand but I have to go get her first.

This is Bubbles my little sweetheart! She will run to me and jump in my hand. She will run up my sleeve and sit on my chest or top of my shoulder. If I walk into the room she is the one who stretches her neck up to see me as if to call me by name. I think she is a Welsummer. I'm excited about that. :)

Since these are my first chicks ever as an adult, I decided to take their pics every Sunday till they are full grown.

I took new pictures of my babies today. They are about 10-12 days old. The feed store got them in last Saturday and that is when I bought them.

Since these are my first chicks ever as an adult, I decided to take their pics every Sunday till they are full grown.
Great idea!

I took new pictures of my babies today. They are about 10-12 days old. The feed store got them in last Saturday and that is when I bought them. This is Ursula my RIR - she is smaller than the rest and her wing span is sparse compared to the rest. her little body from behind top looks like a tarantula with wings. She is timid with me but can pick on her brooder mates without a problem. This one is Chirp - I think she is a Buff Orpington. She loves to show off her wings! She's active and loves to play with her brooder mates. She will hop into my hand if anyone else does. She's never the first one to do that. This is Chic-Monk (named by my 3yr old granddaughter) I think she's a Black Australorp (if you think not, please tell me...) She's very shy, appears to be lazy. Would rather sit than stand and will even sit as she drinks or eats. But she's up and fighting if there's meal worms around. She will sit in my hand but I have to go get her first. This is Bubbles my little sweetheart! She will run to me and jump in my hand. She will run up my sleeve and sit on my chest or top of my shoulder. If I walk into the room she is the one who stretches her neck up to see me as if to call me by name. I think she is a Welsummer. I'm excited about that. :) Since these are my first chicks ever as an adult, I decided to take their pics every Sunday till they are full grown.
Your Wellie could be a Speckled Sussex. When I ordered two Wellies, I got a wellie and a SS. But :fl its a Wellie!

Back
Top Bottom