Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

The 3 larger chicks are from our incubator (3 for 6, not bad for first time ever using an incubator) and the rest are from our speckled Sussex hen and Plymouth rock rooster. The small guy in the corner is the newest, hatched last night/this morning and either cannot open its eyes yet or has none, we will find out tomorrow if its just a young chick thing or not. We pull them from the mom because she went broody in the yard and our new German Shepherd puppy likes to predate everything with feathers.

Mixed bantam fuzzybutts I just got today. Parents are pure bantams so they will be small adults:

These are my new breeds.

Buff orpington partridge rock

speckled sussex

I currently have buffs and like them but wanted some rocks. The partridge rock is supposed to be good mothers and broody and so is the speckled Sussex. I cannot wait to find out if they are going to be friendly or not. So far the buffs are the spookiest. The partridge rock and the speckled Sussex just settle right down in my hands. In fact of the 3 I took pictures of you can see I am only using one hand with the partridge and the Sussex but my husband had to use two to keep hold of his baby, the buff.

These are my new breeds. Buff orpington partridge rock speckled sussex I currently have buffs and like them but wanted some rocks. The partridge rock is supposed to be good mothers and broody and so is the speckled Sussex. I cannot wait to find out if they are going to be friendly or not. So far the buffs are the spookiest. The partridge rock and the speckled Sussex just settle right down in my hands. In fact of the 3 I took pictures of you can see I am only using one hand with the partridge and the Sussex but my husband had to use two to keep hold of his baby, the buff.
My SS are the sweetest!!! I had 1 get killed last week, so I had to get Jeffie a friend.... Ended up with a 2 wk old SLW ... Jeffies only 5 wks but she took that little chick under her wings and has been keeping her warm and watching over her just like a momma hen. It's neat to see their natural instincts come out!!

Back
Top Bottom