Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Hey everyone! So are we crazy or can you see a beard on a few of our Ameraucana Buff mix chicks?! They are 10 days old today!
[/IMG]

Yep, those are beards alright! Ameraucanas have pretty massive beards and I think they're adorable!!!

We just got our babies 5 days ago and they're so much fun!! This is our first time ever having chickens so y'all at BYC are our lifeline!! We took the girls outside yesterday when it was hot enough (not many days like these left!) and let them snoop around their soon-to-be new home a bit. They loved it! One found a bug and thoroughly enjoyed it! And when I moved them to newly turned over garden dirt, one instantly took a little dust bath and snuggled herself down in the dirt. It was so cute!! Let me introduce you: [COLOR=141823]"Pepper" - she is an Australorp. She is the feisty one of the bunch, a bit spicy, like pepper! So far she's also one of the most vocal of chicks.[/COLOR] [COLOR=141823]"Honey" or "Sunny" (since my 5 year old wanted her, her name keeps going back and forth) - is a Buff Orpington. She started out as the lowest chick in the pecking order but has gradually become the bully of the bunch![/COLOR] [COLOR=141823]"Lucille" on the left and "Pepper" on the right. Lucy is a Black Sexlink and will eventually have a red/brown head and black body. So we named her after Lucille Ball, a loveable yet spunky red head.[/COLOR] [COLOR=141823]We call these two our chipmunk twins. The top one is "Fancy" and she is an Easter Egger, which isn't a real breed, but simply means she will lay pretty "fancy" blue/green eggs. The bottom one is "Carmel" and she is a WellSummer. She will eventually be all brown, like dark carmel.[/COLOR] A great day for a little walk outside! Once we brought them in, they were asleep within moments! It was a lot of excitement!! [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] And I can't overlook our sweet guard dog - Libby. She is so over protective of the chicks and alerts us anytime they're chirping and we're not around! We let the chicks play around her and she has been so patient with them. You can tell she just wants to play with them, but doesn't understand why tapping them with her heavy paw isn't okay. :)
Your Chipmunk twins look my two beauties.
I just love the colors of these, but don't really now what breed they are.

Added 4 new chicks to the flock they had a rough time hatching an one came out a stargazer but much better now

Back
Top Bottom