Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Just a few of my chicks! I am brand new to the chicken world... it might be my favorite! ~*Jessie*~ Welsummer 1 Welsummer 2 My unknown beauty!
Beautiful birds. They can maybe help at the breed and gender threads. There are a lot of experienced people there. Welcome to chickies. This is a great world I am new also.
1 of my 2 Welsummers

Here are some updated pics from last week just before I fully integrated the two batches of chicks.

2nd Batch (or as I call them, the little chicks):
Blanche, LB.

Dorothy, EE.

Mrs. McGillicuddy, GSL.

Sophia, EE.

Betty, BA.

Izzie, CM.

1st Batch, or as I call them, the big chicks:
Rose, EE.

Lucy, BO.

Lacey, SLW.

Ethel, BR.

And now they are fully integrated. For three nights now, and its been going great!

That's nice to know! Right now I've got two that are 4 or 5 weeks old in with 7 7-8 week olds and I have two 4 day old silkies in the brooder. I'm sort of nervous about introducing those two in a few weeks, as the majority will be so much older. But my partridge was a few days old when she was in with the older chicks who were probably 3 or 4 weeks old at the time, and they didn't mess with her, they even let her snuggle with them
hugs.gif
Hopefully it'll go well when I introduce these silkies also. I suspect my Cochin and Faverolle will be cool, but I have an EE that's bossy.

That's nice to know! Right now I've got two that are 4 or 5 weeks old in with 7 7-8 week olds and I have two 4 day old silkies in the brooder. I'm sort of nervous about introducing those two in a few weeks, as the majority will be so much older. But my partridge was a few days old when she was in with the older chicks who were probably 3 or 4 weeks old at the time, and they didn't mess with her, they even let her snuggle with them
hugs.gif
Hopefully it'll go well when I introduce these silkies also. I suspect my Cochin and Faverolle will be cool, but I have an EE that's bossy.

I was prepared to give them several weeks of see-but-not-touch and in-the-run-together-but-supervised. However, they just didn't need all that long! I have a few bossy little ladies, but they boss and then move on.

Back
Top Bottom