baby chick sneezing

Clover4208

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2021
my baby chick keeps sneezing. it is not all the time but pretty frequent. i’m probably just being too worried of a chicken mama but I just want to be sure.

It can be common to sneeze if they get dust or a tiny piece of feed into their nostrils. How old is the chick? Where did she come from? What are you using for bedding?

It can be common to sneeze if they get dust or a tiny piece of feed into their nostrils. How old is the chick? Where did she come from? What are you using for bedding?
she is 2 weeks old, we hatched her from an egg and we are using pine shavings for bedding as of a few days ago. the sneezing started looong ago

Hello! Your care seems just fine, yes this commonly happens in mine and other peoples experience. i just have a few questions to make sure, Does she fall alseep on other chicks? Do you hold her a lot? And is there a lot of dust where you live? These sound weird but the reason im asking will make more sense once awnsered! Honestly seems fine though!

Hello! Your care seems just fine, yes this commonly happens in mine and other peoples experience. i just have a few questions to make sure, Does she fall alseep on other chicks? Do you hold her a lot? And is there a lot of dust where you live? These sound weird but the reason im asking will make more sense once awnsered! Honestly seems fine though!
She is the older chick out of the ones we have and the younger one by a few days wants to sleep under her like my big one is a mama hen so sometimes she does sleep on her. i do hold her quite a lot though but only for 2-3 minutes at a time while I change the water, bedding, etc and get her used to people. And there isn’t too much dust around here.

She is the older chick out of the ones we have and the younger one by a few days wants to sleep under her like my big one is a mama hen so sometimes she does sleep on her. i do hold her quite a lot though but only for 2-3 minutes at a time while I change the water, bedding, etc and get her used to people. And there isn’t too much dust around here.
Alright! Your cares just fine either way but if you hold her, something on you may be tickling her nostrils, if she sleeps on/under other chicks their fur may get up her nostrils, and if theres a little dust that could cause it to. But her care seems overall perfectly fine.

Alright! Your cares just fine either way but if you hold her, something on you may be tickling her nostrils, if she sleeps on/under other chicks their fur may get up her nostrils, and if theres a little dust that could cause it to. But her care seems overall perfectly fine.
ok how do i help her or does this fix itself

ok how do i help her or does this fix itself
Normally it will fix itself, just make sure its not dusty around . If the sneezing continues a while try making sure she drinks plently of water. It sometimes can help, but normally baby chicks/ducks will just sneeze at that younge of age.

Normally it will fix itself, just make sure its not dusty around . If the sneezing continues a while try making sure she drinks plently of water. It sometimes can help, but normally baby chicks/ducks will just sneeze at that younge of age.
ok thank you!

Back
Top Bottom