baby chick weak

chicks2020

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2020
Hello! A couple of days ago I posted a thread concerning my weak baby chick. He's the only chick and we just introduced him to 3 other chicks, older we got from the farm today. It's the second time now that he has starting acting weird, laying a lot, keeping eyes closed, not being able standing, droopy head. Should I be concerned? The last time this happened I fed him some sugar water and corn flower paste and after a while he seemed to get better and regained his forces. Is he simply tired? I rested him on my belly for him to sleep and he was still chirping. Thank you!

You might get more help posting in the Baby Chicks section.

Make sure it doesn't have pasty butt. Are you feeding it a balanced chick feed? I don't think sugar water and corn flour are going to be beneficial. If you feel that plain water and chick feed aren't enough, do NutriDrench or Sav-a-Chick electrolytes in the water, and scrambled eggs.

You might get more help posting in the Baby Chicks section.

Make sure it doesn't have pasty butt. Are you feeding it a balanced chick feed? I don't think sugar water and corn flour are going to be beneficial. If you feel that plain water and chick feed aren't enough, do NutriDrench or Sav-a-Chick electrolytes in the water, and scrambled eggs.
Okay thank you! He doesn't seem to have pasty butt. He's sleeping right now but hopefully he'll pull through and I'll be able to give him some. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom