Baby Chick with problems

mommyto3kidos

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
I posted this over in the baby chick forum, but thought that this may be a more appropriate place. Please delete if I am putting it in the wrong place. I hatched 3 baby chicks and they are 3 days old. One was very clumsy from the start but has improved and can now walk, stand and run. The problem is that if it fall down or is knocked down, it is unable to get back up. It just lays on it's back and screams until it falls asleep. Is there anything that I can do to help it? I have separated it from the other two as they keep knocking it over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Put a drop of Poultry Nutri-Drench in the chick's mouth 1-2 times a day. It is a great product. Most feed stores carry it or you can get it online. Meanwhile, keep the heat at 95 degrees, leave some starter feed for it and put a tablespoon of sugar in a quart drinker of water. It should give the chick an energy boost and encourage eating. If the bird seems to get on it's feet and eat after that. Put some vitamins-electrolytes in the water if you don't get the Nutri-Drench. I put a little stuffed animal in with a lone chick I was nursing once. It seemed to appreciate it. Let us know what happens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom