Baby chick wont stop peeping for me

Belzarvie

In the Brooder
Jan 23, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
I recently got three new chicks and while two of them are fine, the third will not! stop! peeping for me! Shes fine for five mins and then she starts up again with the peeping and doesn't stop until I either pick her up or just put my hand in the brooder and let it hang in there. Sometimes she stops if I just talk to her but that doesn't keep her happy for long. Just taking the time to write this has upset her.

She's eating and drinking and running around just fine. She doesn't have pasty butt and her eyes and nose are clean and healthy looking, and as i said, the other two are fine.
She does have a habit of pecking at the other two's beaks incessantly, but other than that they all seem to like each other fine

Has she just been spoiled by my picking her up? Does she view me as her mama now and need constant attention from me? And if so, is there anyway i could ween her off of me and get her to start taking comfort in her sisters?

You should want to have comfort with you,just not t too much.Just walk away and don’t mind the peeping she will settle down.Hard pill to swallow for them since soem chciks do imprint.I have a hen who I had to keep in my house for a two days because I couldn’t make it to my grandparents,and the chick was so very desperate to me.She made severl attempts to fly out her cage.All I did was ignore her,she sees me when she sees me and that’s that.The hen is still her today and enjoys being petted.

Back
Top Bottom