Baby chicken

chelseab1218

Hatching
Jul 18, 2022
We have a baby chicken that started pipping last night. I heard it chirping and everything. Now this morning my husband said it’s not chirping and hasn’t pipped much more. He thinks it’s died

Have you guys peeped to it see if it responds? Wobbled it a bit to see if it moves or peeps? How's your humidity in your incubator? Is it possible the membrane has begun to shrinkwrap the chick? While yes they do rest you need to check a couple other things before you rule out a prehatch death/ still living. Hopefully it is still alive.

Have you guys peeped to it see if it responds? Wobbled it a bit to see if it moves or peeps? How's your humidity in your incubator? Is it possible the membrane has begun to shrinkwrap the chick? While yes they do rest you need to check a couple other things before you rule out a prehatch death/ still living. Hopefully it is still alive.
X2 I would also recommend playing a you tube video with chicks cheeping, the chick in the egg will start cheeping again. After 24 hours you may need to assist.

Back
Top Bottom