~Baby chicks fighting? DOES THIS MEAN ROO?~

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
i have 4 chicks that are 8-9 weeks old and they all do that cock fighting thing! my feed store said that the hens will learn to do it from the boys....is this true? or do i have all boys? that would totally suck!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah....i forgot to say that theyre silkies and 1 leghorn thats waaay bigger than them and im pretty sure is a boy

If the Leghorn's a boy, he'll already have a large comb...and would be crowing...My Leghorn cockerel Jerry was crowin by 6 weeks.

Even girls do the chest bump thing. It's part of the pecking order thing.

I have silkies and they all do this! Even the smallest ones....its like they stretch up and are ready for battle. I hope someone answers this for you because I would like to know also. Don't you just love the Silkies!

Quote:
I have been watching mine do exactly that and thought it was just part of the pecking order thing. For mine, it seems to be the same 1 or 2 hens that are establishing pecking order with the rest. The kids and I think it is funny to watch them do this.

I have 3 chicks doing the same but are all pullets. I figure its just them deciding on the pecking order
smile.png

Quote:
well hes not crowing yet but he sure looks like one!!!and acts like one too! he attacks random things like sticks and stuff to protect the silkies LOL:lol:

SunnyAllBetter.jpg

SunnyAllBetter1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom