Baby Chicks Fighting!!! Help Please

I am no expert but, just finished raising 20+ Shamo chicks and now have another 22 shamos, asils, Malays and Sumatra in the same XL dog kennel that is my brooder. I always use red light and have only had trouble once. When they where about 5-6 weeks and had been moved outside to a larger run but weather went cold for South Florida and I brought them in but in three separate groups. Two days later back to the run and a battle royal erupted, lots of Peking and striking. I stepped in and let their blood cool a bit and slowly reintroduced and all is well now (knock on wood). I am currently building a lg grow out pen to keep roosters and younger games.

44626_dsc04218.jpg
[/URL]g]

44626_dsc03807.jpg
mg]

44626_dsc04257.jpg
[/URL]g]

Interresting how that is, P&J. Wonder if the difference in light is affecting their recognition? I know that when it rains, they don`t recognize their wet buddies and fights break out. Has to be something like that, I would think. I also know their is sometimes a vast difference in strains and bloodlines of gamefowl that causes different responses in varied situations. Of course they are all individuals, so anything could cause it.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Asils are worse than any Shamo or other Asian gamefowl I have kept over the years. Firey little killers before they get all their feathers. I sold a trio to the president of the PBCo Poultry Fanciers Assn. She bred them and had some nice chicks about a week old. She went to town and returned to devistation. A fight had started and out of 6 chicks, only 2 were salvageable. She had broken wings, necks, and legs and one was dead. That`s why I say you have to watch them constantly..........Pop

Last edited:
bad news you guys, one of my chicks died today when the fish tank top fell on it when i was moving the tank. i feel so sad i wish i would have taken the lid of.

So what should I do. Separate them? My chicks are 10 days old and are fighting. Royal rumble style. There are 9 and bout 5 or 6 just dont stop . someone who has experience please share share some advice thank you

Back
Top Bottom