Baby color

Kitty86

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
most of my ducks are all white, i have one just solid brown hen.. But i was wondering as i have all white baby ducks but one! its very small in fact it and another one hatched today and this lil baby duck is black and yellow! and is only half the size of the other one.. is the black and white even possible?

most of my ducks are all white, i have one just solid brown hen.. But i was wondering as i have all white baby ducks but one! its very small in fact it and another one hatched today and this lil baby duck is black and yellow! and is only half the size of the other one.. is the black and white even possible?
Can you give us a breed your asking about and pics? there are several breeds that can come in blk and white Call ducks and Ancona for 2. and Muscovy ducklings

The father is a white crested duck the other ducks are just Pekin ducks.. the brown one i am not sure of her.. reminds me of a Mallard hen.. she was just giving to me as some people was moving and couldnt take her

The father is a white crested duck the other ducks are just Pekin ducks.. the brown one i am not sure of her.. reminds me of a Mallard hen.. she was just giving to me as some people was moving and couldnt take her
your brown one is she small or large like your Pekins?does sound like your small takes after it's mama in coloring.

shes alot smaller then the pekins or even my crested drake.. hes a rather large duck as well

shes alot smaller then the pekins or even my crested drake.. hes a rather large duck as well
maybe a mallard then can you post some pics? speaking of colors, I have 13 Muscovy's and last year one hatched that is barred I have never had a barred coloring in any of my ducks so somewhere in her family there must be one. I think it's like hair color you may bet a red head and it might be from a great grandma instead of immediate family. Also your duckling will change quite a bit till it gets it's adult plumage so keep that in mind too.

yeah ill barrow a friends phone this afternoon and get pics of her :)

Above.. The drake
Below is the only non white hen i have..

Ive had 6 baby ducks all them them yellow but the lil black and yellow one.. The lil yellow one is only a few hours older then the black one..

Above.. The drake
Below is the only non white hen i have..

Ive had 6 baby ducks all them them yellow but the lil black and yellow one.. The lil yellow one is only a few hours older then the black one..
She doesn't look like a Mallard maybe a mix? kind of reminds of of a KC. But your duckling really makes me think Mallard is that duckling from an egg this duck laid?

that brown duck appears to be a runner duck. I don't think a chocolate runner would throw off a black color..I have buff that crossed with a chocolate runner and the babies are sort of a lighter chocolate ..but definitely the runner features. That baby looks more like a mallard but it's not a great picture..if the mother is the runner duck, then it appears to have maybe some of that coloring..but runner babies don't have the markings like that, and neither to crested.....I would have thought that a runner/ crested mix would throw a solid color, but you just never know, the pekin mixes do get some splotchy mixes sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom