Baby dove fell from nest! Not visibly hurt! Momma looks worried... Need advice ASAP!

It’s an old wives tale that “a mother bird won’t accept her young if touched by a human” Birds don’t recognize their young by smell. They “mostly” use sight and sound. So please put him back out as soon as you can. His mama will thank you. And so do I. Cheers!

It’s an old wives tale that “a mother bird won’t accept her young if touched by a human” Birds don’t recognize their young by smell. They “mostly” use sight and sound. So please put him back out as soon as you can. His mama will thank you. And so do I. Cheers!
Thank you! I mentioned earlier it is pitch black and cold we cannot locate the momma, I presume she will stick around as we have seen her before, we think she bunkered down for the night in the tree in the front yard, i wake up very early like 5:00 or so, so I will look for the momma at the crack of dawn.

Put him back outside, better yet, put him back in the tree he was under. Doves don't have nest as you would look for, it's a jerry rigged pile of sticks.
8D2A0AAB-054F-49D9-B710-77E11BCF3C41.jpeg

He is back with mom!

How sweet of you. Believe it or not, this little guy is ready to be out there on his own. They leave the nest before they can fly. But he looks like he's is simply a two day growth period before flight.

And, it is illegal to have a mourning dove like yours in ones possession as they are protected under the migratory bird treaty act. Again, I know you were just trying to help, but this guy is well on his way to be an adult, on his own.
9643E7BE-8FB7-4B3E-8E31-535218233A0B.jpeg

Back with mom!

2CD8E8E8-EEB3-4FDB-90BB-BA4184956FD5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom