Baby Duckling is weak please help :(

This is Pumpkin jumping around tring to climb up the blankets. He is so full of life this morning. :)

This is great! So good to hear he is doing better today. :) Hoping all goes well for Pumpkin! Assisted hatch ducklings do tend to be weak and potentially have health issues, but sometimes they are ok after their rocky start. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Update!!!
Sweet Little Pumpkin tried out the food ( non medicated for ducklings and chicks ) and water. This little sweety has been on the water and food bowls ALL evening. I'm so very happy to see such progress.

Also not only this great news, I have even more to share, Pumpkin is also able to turn him self over off his back now. He/she is gaining such strength each and every hour..

Also more good news, Pumpkins umbilical cord has came off today.

He/she is making such great progress. The last 48 hours were such a worry. Had me so uptight,scared,sad and nervous for as to what to expect and the hundreds of possibilities.
I feel such a great relief. I hope my Little Pumpkin continues to have such great progress.

Update..
Sweet Pumpkin was really weak when we woke up this morning. Having a bit of trouble holding his head up. Kept fliping over on his back and unable to get back up. I helped him along. Took him to the food bowl for a drink and he just laid there pecking at it. Then would lift his his up as if he were looking at the sky and swallowing time after time tring to get his sip to go down. Then losing balance he would fall over.

His eye lids were sticking to his eyes them self looking very dry and causing his eye to appear as if they were cross eyed and rolling back in his sockets as if they wernt focusing properly..

I had love on Sweet Pumpkin before leaving to do my errands and hoped and prayed for the best. Got some photos of him and a sweet video. I got a call from my Daughter screaming and crying his head lost balance and was just hanging there and went limp, his breathing was slow and distant. I was pulling into my garage upon recieving the call. I rushed in to them and Sweet Pumpkin had taken his last breath in my Daughters hands.

We have learned so much with Sweet Pumpkin.. life can be so short.. Pumpkin was weak from the moment he hatched... But I held onto hope.. Pumpkin showed such efforts and strength day by day.. Sure was loved and snuggled by all 6 of us in our home. We will cherish our short time we had with he/she for the 3 days we shared..

This experence was much diffrent than our other 3 ducklings when they were 3 days old. Our adults were able to fully do for them selves from the start where Sweet Pumpkin was never givin that chance.

This web page/ forums have been a great help to me. Its been a pleasure meeting and talking to everyone.

I thank you all for all of your concerns and time with our Sweet Pumpkin..
:)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about pumpkin :hugs
I'm sure pumpkin knew that it was very much loved and that you did all you could to give it a chance of survival. I'm afraid it's the downside of incubating and hatching.

Thank you for the support Friends.
Pumpkin was so intergenic last night, then this morning was straight down hill so fast. Is that normal?
He had signs that in my heart I knew wernt right. His size and weakness i was worried about.

Its still so hard to except though. I sat my while day and nights aside to assist Pumpkins every needs and every peep and cry from hatching until he passed. Im so upset and just dont know what to do with my self. I keep catching my self going to check on Pumpkin and hes no longer here.
:(

Back
Top Bottom