Baby duckling with suspected Prolapse vent and need advice to help fix

No but would another Hydrocortisone cream work? Or Honey I read on other post recently? I rescued this little guy on side of the road other night when it had been abandoned by mother since it had gimp leg and we are already very attached to the little one. No idea on sex but aside from this and it's leg, it seems to be acting normally and eating and drinking regularly as well as preening itself.

No but would another Hydrocortisone cream work? Or Honey I read on other post recently? I rescued this little guy on side of the road other night when it had been abandoned by mother since it had gimp leg and we are already very attached to the little one. No idea on sex but aside from this and it's leg, it seems to be acting normally and eating and drinking regularly as well as preening itself.
Hydrocortisone cream is good

Also making a little shoe so it holds its foot normal might help to. Maybe fashion some with bandaids so the foot lays flat and holds the toes in right place.

Also making a little shoe so it holds its foot normal might help to. Maybe fashion some with bandaids so the foot lays flat and holds the toes in right place.
We tried to create a mini cast but it would only drag it and it was twisting at angles and it seemed more able to move around without it. It refuses to put any weight on that leg and it just dangles.

Can you tell if there is a brake? You know this little duckling will never be able to be released into the wild. Have you considered what it’s future holds will you be it’s caretaker for all it’s life? If so then maybe consider also getting him a buddy.

Can you tell if there is a brake? You know this little duckling will never be able to be released into the wild. Have you considered what it’s future holds will you be it’s caretaker for all it’s life? If so then maybe consider also getting him a buddy.
It doesnt feel broken, my husband thinks it more ligament related but as far as being released again we do not have any intention of doing so. We have other ducks and actually had just gotten ducklings recently though they are about a week older and larger at this point that once it grows up we plan to integrate it into that group. We are willing to take care of this bird for its lifespan like all our other birds.

:hugs That’s awesome:thumbsup you’d be surprised how many find orphaned ducklings and think once they are a certain age can just go take them down to the nearest pond etc and think they will make it on their own. Very refreshing to talk to you!

Back
Top Bottom