Baby ducklings random death

That is what I was feeling them,they were about 3 weeks old,and I had just had them for 2 weeks and half :/

I pretty much set up my brooder the way the store had theirs the only thing I was lacking was a thermometer,I did put dog pads under the shavings,am I doing something wrong?

What's the watt of your heat lamp? It may not be the heat, But again it could be. Are they still selling ducks? Probably Not but some stores get new baby ducks when they sell out. You can buy some more and try something different like using the 'mama heat plate' instead of a heat lamp. You could also ask the workers about this mysterious death. Maybe they will know what happened.

What do you guys recommend I feed the ducklings? Or is grit just fine?

Thats grit.... not food
1f633.png

Grit is simply for helping digest food.
The need flock raiser crumble- or all flock crumble.
And they need the brewers yeast or nutritional yeast. Go to a health food store and ask for it.

Yea mostly chopped lettuce -_- I should have asked other employees what kind of food to get. I feel terrible

Yea mostly chopped lettuce -_- I should have asked other employees what kind of food to get. I feel terrible

Okay sad:( its not your fault if this is what an employee told you to buy. But yes i would do some good research before you buy more ducklings. That way your a bit more prepared:)
Make sure you have proper feed, and a proper brooder set up with a thermometer so you can regulate heat better. And they need room to get away from the heat as well. At 3 weeks my ducklings outside spend most of their time away from the heat, but right under it is around 70 degrees.
They dont like it too hot.
Sorry about your ducklings
1f614.png

Last edited:
I really appreciate your feedback and help,I should have put more work and more research into my ducks. I now know what I should have known before buying them. Again thank you all for your feedback.

Back
Top Bottom