Baby ducks when to put out side.

Jambrose

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2020
My ducks are Indian runner ducks and are now in a shed with a large enclosed run, then land behind that. I have a lamp in the shed that they never go under. There always in the run. Which helps with cleaning. I lock them in the shed at night and leave the lamp on with food and water. but I feel guilty in the day if I switch the lamp of. there is so much conflicting advice. I also would like to keep there food in the run only. Then in the spare land. So when is it ok to switch the light off and leave the shed door open.

4 weeks old and 75* sounds much better. They should be fine with out heat. Just check at night to make sure they aren't huddled all up on top of each other trying to stay warm. If you are sure your pen is fort knox secure leave it open. I never put food andwater inside of my birds houses my Runners are the slobs of the water fowl world. Makes my Muscovy look like they took classes with Emily Post.

Cheers everyone, that makes me feel better. I had Aylesburys, I got Indian runners cos I was told they were cleaner. I have three runs and all like fork Knox, one chicken, one rabbit, then there all let out in the morning to play together,

Back
Top Bottom