Baby Gray Saddleback Pomeraniums

dogzrule5

Songster
11 Years
Apr 14, 2008
Sanford, NC
wee.gif
Hi everybody, I've had chickens for a few years but last evening picked up two 4 week old geese. Does anybody have experience with these geese? I was told they are sweet natured but would like to know what to expect. These will be pets only and they will be handled a lot. They are currently in my bathtub with lots of towels, food and water. I can't wait to get home from work this evening!

At 4 weeks, they don't need too much heat. In moderate climes they don't need much after 2 weeks. If they aren't huddling, they're probably fine.
This is more of a house goose site, but there's still good stuff.
The Goose Mother

I forgot to mention that yes, they are warm. I had a lamp in there for them last night and today it's pretty hot here, so no worries there.

What I'm more intersted in knowing is their temperment tendencies? I've found lots of helpful info on some other breeds, but not this one.
roll.png

92 caddy has a pair of them and says they are nice. I have 3 in the bator, one hatched today
wee.gif
I am so excited but I don't know anything about keeping geese. These are a present for my sister

The Book of Geese (Dave Holderread) than I have checked out from the library doesn't mention any specific personality traits, just that they are a good "all-around" goose for the home flock. He advises to move slowly around geese of all ages, and to not feed them from your hand.
Congratulations on your new additions!
My baby geese are 10 days old now, and yesterday had a great time following me around the property, munching on grass all the way.

Back
Top Bottom