ChickChic00

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
So I got 2 lambs and 1 goat two days ago. The lambs are male and female and the goat is female. The male Lamb I think is about 2 weeks old. He is 12.8lbs I gave him some milk in a bottle and he took it fine the day before but today he flat out refused the bottle. He wanted to eat straw instead of the milk. Should I just let him eat the straw and just make sure he is getting liquids instead of feeding him more milk? He seems completely fine. Any help is highly appreciated!!

You may want to post on the sister site "Backyard Herds". There are alot of sheep and goat people on there with a lot of knowledge. And just a warning, they will demand pictures :lau

Look for the link at the bottom of the screen in the brown area to get there quickly.

Good luck with your babies.

That's great. I have a friend that feeds her kids milk in a bowl and not a bottle. Maybe that will work with your baby?
I read that you shouldn't feed them milk from a bowl because the milk won't go into the stomach and instead into the lungs. That's why they say to feed them with a bottle with their heads raised up so It doesn't go into the lungs. But I'm not an expert. Just read from several books and heard from other sheep and Lamb keepers.

I read that you shouldn't feed them milk from a bowl because the milk won't go into the stomach and instead into the lungs. That's why they say to feed them with a bottle with their heads raised up so It doesn't go into the lungs. But I'm not an expert. Just read from several books and heard from other sheep and Lamb keepers.
If it's drinking water it definitely shouldn't be from a bottle either. They definitely can drink milk from a bowl if not tiny newborn babies.

Back
Top Bottom