Baby pekin in the wild

Jubair9080

Chirping
Sep 18, 2020
This is just me ranting but some buffoon couldn't take care of a baby pekin duck so they released it into the wild, now I dont know when the duck was released but it seemed like it was about 3-4 weeks old and hung around the Canadian geese in the area, note: the area did have many lakes and fresh vegetation as well as many geese and their babies as well as swans and fish.

Attachments

• 16206830770851578536298.jpg
    16206830770851578536298.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 5
Sadly I coudnt, there were many police in the area and if they see me with an animal thats not supposed be in the city even if its not mine im gonna get arrested but good news is, the duck seemed to be close with the geese even though it was the only 1 of its kind there.

Sadly I coudnt, there were many police in the area and if they see me with an animal thats not supposed be in the city even if its not mine im gonna get arrested but good news is, the duck seemed to be close with the geese even though it was the only 1 of its kind there.
That's sad. Maybe you could notify a rescue organization in your area?

What is your state? Maybe you could ask about a rescue in your state thread, it won't survive winter. I would be surprised if it made it to adulthood, those fast growing domestic duck breeds are not well suited for life in a wild environment ☹️

Not trying to be judgmental or rude or bossy😂 I would just like to see the Lil guy get a good chance at a happy long life.

What is your state? Maybe you could ask about a rescue in your state thread, it won't survive winter. I would be surprised if it made it to adulthood, those fast growing domestic duck breeds are not well suited for life in a wild environment ☹️

Not trying to be judgmental or rude or bossy😂 I would just like to see the Lil guy get a good chance at a happy long life.
Im in Michigan and I filed a complaint to an animal cruelty organization just a few seconds ago, so now I just have to wait and see what happens and maybe next time I go back to where I found the duck it would already be in a safe place.

Im in Michigan and I filed a complaint to an animal cruelty organization just a few seconds ago, so now I just have to wait and see what happens and maybe next time I go back to where I found the duck it would already be in a safe place.
Yay! That makes me so happy, I hope everything works out!

Back
Top Bottom