Baby rabbit help..

thekid

Songster
9 Years
Jan 12, 2011
Ford City, Pennsylvania
Hi I got three cute little bunnies! And they don't know how to drink out of the water bottle style bottles. Well I have one in their cage and they like don't know how to use it. I tried to put their mouths up to it and let the water run over their mouth, doesn't work. Should I just leave it in there and they will find it and learn to get water out of it? Thankyou - Brian

Wild or domesticated rabbits? If wild and they still have the white spot on forehead,
they need to be bottle fed formula-take them to a wildlife rehab center. If domesticated
and at least 5 weeks old you can do the following:

They should have fresh water in a non tippable bowl, a good quality rabbit pellet (Purina Rabbit Chow
Complete green bag or Blue Seal bunny 16%), and timothy and/or grass mix hay (NO alfalfa!) daily.

NOTHING ELSE! No lettuce ever!
ep.gif
No treats, fruits or vegetables until 4 months old.
tongue.gif

If any signs of loose stool are present, Old Fashioned Oatmeal (uncooked) can be given.
It can also be used to tempt them to eat and to get used to hands that bring goodies.
big_smile.png

Feel free to e-mail me privately with any questions-

Lynne
bun.gif

No tip bowl works best. Took my fully grown rabbit five months to figure out a water bottle. I put the bottle over the bowl so she had an option. When she is out with the chickens she prefers their waterer.

just keep doing what your doing till they get it I raise and show french lops most of mine start on bowles but we put them on water bottles after they are old enought.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom