baby rabbits in baltimore MD

heather112588

Songster
9 Years
Nov 12, 2010
Baltimore, MD
My father recently lost his battle with cancer and now I must rehome his hobby farm animals. I do not know the rabbit breeds; within the time I've tried rehoming them (2 wks), the oldest female already had another litter!!! There are 5 babies right now (2 are at least 2 months old), and the other 3 are young babies (guessing 2 wks...very tiny!!!). I don't know how long the tiny babies need their mom so She'd be free with the young babies as well.

2 month olds (both males)

young baby that I found hiding

the mother

-heather
feel free to call or text as I'll be home most of today and tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi,

My condolences to you about your father, I know how hard that can be. It's good of you to re-home his animals and I hope you find nice families for them.

As for rabbits, the only ones I know a bit about are our meat rabbits (New Zealand and Californians) but as for how long the little ones need their mothers, we keep our babies and moms together for about 8 weeks then the babies go in their own cage.

To keep from having any more liters that you have to find homes for, is it possible for you to separate the males and females? Might mean fewer homes to find.

Good luck to you.

I already processed one adult male and was possibly doing another adult male today to ensure that there were no further baby surprises. But I still need to find homes for these little guys...

My father recently lost his battle with cancer and now I must rehome his hobby farm animals. I do not know the rabbit breeds; within the time I've tried rehoming them (2 wks), the oldest female already had another litter!!! There are 5 babies right now (2 are at least 2 months old), and the other 3 are young babies (guessing 2 wks...very tiny!!!). I don't know how long the tiny babies need their mom so She'd be free with the young babies as well. 2 month olds (both males) young baby that I found hiding the mother -heather 443.388.2383 feel free to call or text as I'll be home most of today and tomorrow.
I'd be willing to take the mother, the 3 little ones& the 2 two month old males. The only problem is that I'm about 6 1/2 hours or so away from Baltimore, MD. I live close to Charleston, WV. I have chickens& have recently been wanting rabbits. Do u have any idea on the breeds? Do you know if the mother of the 3 youngest is the mother of the two month old males? And how far would you be able/willing to drive and meet? Btw, I'm sorry to hear about your father. My prayers are with you and your family.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom