Baby silkie is crowing...I think

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I was outside late last night, actually about 2 a.m. My dog had been barking her head off, so I went to see what was up. Of course the dog barking woke all the roosters (and I have a LOT of roosters!), so they were crowing from their roosts.

I have 6 baby silkies in a tractor with 3 BTW japs, and 2 OEGB pullets. I know 2 of the japs are boys, but the silkies are hard to tell. Plus the tractor gets covered completely with plastic at night. We have a light in there, to help keep them warm.

I went walking through the yard, to see to my dog, and I heard the strangest crow! I was trying to think of which one sounded like that, when I heard it again!! It was coming from the TRACTOR!! It was actually a very good crow, for such a young chicken.

I am not sure if it was a silkie, or one of the BTW japs, but one of these babies is crowing for sure!! And they are only about 3 months old at the most.

Keep your
fl.gif
that it does it again today, when I can see who it is!! It is impossible to tell which are boys and which are girls!!

Well, guess what? It's one of my OEGB 'pullets' that is crowing... That just figures. I just hope the other one doesn't start crowing too, cause it's comb is getting awfully red!!

LOL!!! I know...silkies are the hardest to sex! Until they crow or lay!
smile.png
It's shocking when you first hear that tiny crow and they do it so fast, you're trying to see who it was!
wink.png

Quote:
What really stinks is I bought these 'pullets' because they were pullets!! I had enough roos to begin with...what am I gonna do with more??

Back
Top Bottom