Baby Silkie making popping sound, no chirp

Sassafras_Tea

Chirping
Mar 12, 2024
I got some baby Silkies yesterday from Tractor Supply. One of them is smaller than the others and she is eating, drinking, moving around a lot… but she does not chirp. She’s only making a popping sound.. I think she is in respiratory distress
. Is there anything I can do?

Last edited:
What is their bedding? It might be allergic to something there if it's doing it at your house but wasn't doing it in TSC or maybe you didn't notice there?

What is their bedding? It might be allergic to something there if it's doing it at your house but wasn't doing it in TSC or maybe you didn't notice there?
Pine shaving. I didn’t notice there..but I admit that I was so excited to be getting them that I didn’t pay close attention. They were upon a quick inspection, seemingly normal. I had asked a worker to call me if they got in any Silkies, & she called yesterday and I went and got them right away. She told me they had only just been delivered to them a few hours prior to me buying them.

Pine shaving. I didn’t notice there..but I admit that I was so excited to be getting them that I didn’t pay close attention. They were upon a quick inspection, seemingly normal. I had asked a worker to call me if they got in any Silkies, & she called yesterday and I went and got them right away. She told me they had only just been delivered to them a few hours prior to me buying them.
As long as that's the only one doing it, I doubt it's some infection as they'd all probably have it and it's so young to have caught anything even. It might just gotten something down in its throat like a little piece of a pine shaving or something. As long it keeps eating and drinking that would get it to pass eventually. If you have some vitamins for their water, I'd give them some as it might help that one build its strength up a little bit.

As long as that's the only one doing it, I doubt it's some infection as they'd all probably have it and it's so young to have caught anything even. It might just gotten something down in its throat like a little piece of a pine shaving or something. As long it keeps eating and drinking that would get it to pass eventually. If you have some vitamins for their water, I'd give them some as it might help that one build its strength up a little bit.
Yes, she’s the only one doing it, bless her little heart. I do have some vitamins for their water and will make sure she’s getting them. Thank you for this 🙏🏻🙏🏻 I am praying for my little friend to be ok. She’s a feisty little thing 🩷🩷 I’m already so fond of her

Back
Top Bottom