Baby turkey questions.

quails-101

Chirping
Apr 16, 2016
My baby turkey is peeping a lot is this normal it seems to be healthy I got it today it has all feathers but on its head so maybe some one who is good with turkeys know how old it is I will post a pic if it later. This is my first time with a really young one I have two others that I got when they were older my north eastern wild turkey when she was four she is 5 1/2 now. I got my Spanish black When she was 7 months and she is a little under a year old now. How do you sex a turkey? I heard if its a meat turkey you half to at some point butcher them because they get so heavy they cant walk. But I heard the females don,t do that is that true I hope so Because then I hope its a female. It is a B.B. Bronze turkey about 5 weeks old Is this the kind that you have to eat. Thanks for the info.

Your poult is peeping because it's been moved and lost whatever family or siblings it had. You should always get at least two. Yours will be lonely. If it a BB it probably won't live long but probably longer than a tom.

Oh ok now I feel bad for it. And I feel bad because I hat seeing birds die or thinking that what I am eating was something I raised from a little baby and spent so much time with. But thanks a lot for the information.

If it isn't very old socialize with it, even if he is older socializing will help him/her realize that you are his family and the peeping will subside. You might even end up with a very loyal and loving companion

yea my black spanish turkey is very lovable. Is that one in your house how do you keep it from pooping every where. I let my baby turkey in the house but I just have to clean up after it good thing their poops are tiny and they don't poo a lot.

Back
Top Bottom