Baby with crooked neck-PLEASE HELP!!!!!

wee.gif
X2!

Hi which one did you use? And for how long? I have a duck with the same issue. Where do you get Niacin and Brewers yeast from? I have also read vit E? Does anyone know if that is true?

Hi which one did you use? And for how long? I have a duck with the same issue. Where do you get Niacin and Brewers yeast from? I have also read vit E? Does anyone know if that is true?
Niacin can be bought at drug stores Walmart just about anywhere they have vitamins, but you want plain niacin not time released or flush free. 100-150 meg does to 1 gal of water then put into the waterer, or Brewers yeast can be found at feed stores in the horse section 1 Tab. sprinklled over their feed each day, and vitamin egg open capsule and squirt on ther food. don't try to squirt anyhting down their throats it could end up in the lungs. I've also heard vit E can help. also Natural food stores carry Brewers yeast but it will cost more. Hope you can get your duckling start on this fast since the quicker you get started the better chance it has of recovery. and
welcome-byc.gif

Ah should have mentioned, I'm in Australia ;-) unfortunately our feed places only open Sat morning and I missed them yesterday! But I will seek out both today! For now vitamin E has been added to the water.

Ah should have mentioned, I'm in Australia ;-) unfortunately our feed places only open Sat morning and I missed them yesterday! But I will seek out both today! For now vitamin E has been added to the water.
Our feed stoers are only open half day on sat. too, must be a global thing, anyway I wish you the best with your duckling, please keep us updated. I don't know how well vit E works in water do you have dry E? you might want to put it on the feed.also you could try just putting a tiny bit at a time right inside the bill letting him swollow then again till the capsule is empty if your using liquid,. I actually use Wheat Germ oil which is high in vit E for myself every morning.another form of Vit E to think about.

Last edited:
I ended up getting Soluvet Plus from a petshop.. It looks alright and the lady that worked there breeds ducks and said it wouldn't hurt them. She hadn't heard of. A crook neck. Might be an Australian product. See how it goes, the ducklings are going well and so cute! They are white Indian runners.

I ended up getting Soluvet Plus from a petshop.. It looks alright and the lady that worked there breeds ducks and said it wouldn't hurt them. She hadn't heard of. A crook neck. Might be an Australian product. See how it goes, the ducklings are going well and so cute! They are white Indian runners.
I looked it up, looks like a good product, if you don't see improvement in a few days I think I would even look into adding niacin to their drinking water it helps alot with neurological problems just plain ole niacin 100-150mgs to 1 gallon of water then into their waterer. Updates when you can please. and of course pics of the lil Runners would be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom