baby wood duck

All he said was his cat was trying to get it and he got it before the cat did. The little duck is actually doing better, more active and is drinking now. Ive rescued baby turkeys before but ducks are nothing like turkeys!

Have you tried dipping its beek into the water then into the food ? That usually works for me when i have a baby chicks or duck that wonr eat/drink . Good luck !
big_smile.png

If you are federally permitted to possess wildlife, then you know wood ducks are easily stressed and can die from fright from too much exposure to humans. I suggest finding another rehabber who will have other wood ducks and the proper facility and knowledge to handle them.

if hes drinking thats a good sign What state are you in ? Wood ducks are nervous birds more so a wild one good luck I agree with terrielacy if cant raise find some one that raises ducks near you or rehaber better yet

DUCKS RULE 92 DUCKS AND COUNTING

i talked to a friend that breeds all kinds of wild ducks and he said he will take it for me and try and nurse it back to health! Problem solved thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom