Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
I think this the right place to put this. Our bachelor pad is done, but my question is: what is the minimum amount of roos I can keep there? We currently have 3. The most aggressive of the 3 is being rehomed tomorrow. That leaves only 2 birds. Is that ok? I know chickens are suppose to be 3 together at a minimum. I would like to keep at least one of these boys long term but don't plan on putting them with the girls until their hormones calm down.
Any advice? Picture of the crazy one and our setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20220523_162252188_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220523_162252188_HDR.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220523_162316342_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220523_162316342_HDR.jpg
    624.3 KB · Views: 10
2 is just fine. So long as they can't see the females they should get along fine, but keep an eye on them just in case. The set up is very nice, too.
Yeah, the females are about 10 yards away. My husband also built a little barrier besides the door. There is a full size screen door with metal grating on the bottom half so even if a girl was at the door, they couldn't see her.
Thanks! All stuff we had laying around.

Yeah, the females are about 10 yards away. My husband also built a little barrier besides the door. There is a full size screen door with metal grating on the bottom half so even if a girl was at the door, they couldn't see her.
Thanks! All stuff we had laying around.
It looks great. It may take a while for the boys to settle in, but they will.

I'm guessing that the paler boy will be more dominant. There will still be a pecking order, but so long as they get along reasonably well it should be fine.

It looks great. It may take a while for the boys to settle in, but they will.

I'm guessing that the paler boy will be more dominant. There will still be a pecking order, but so long as they get along reasonably well it should be fine.
The white one is the one leaving. He's 15 weeks and has been biting since 9 weeks and attempted to chase and jump at me after I let him out this morning 🤦
I'm sad because I hatched him, but I'm not willing to deal with those behaviors. The other 2 are far less aggressive.

The white one is the one leaving. He's 15 weeks and has been biting since 9 weeks and attempted to chase and jump at me after I let him out this morning 🤦
I'm sad because I hatched him, but I'm not willing to deal with those behaviors. The other 2 are far less aggressive.
Smart move. He does have that aggressive look to him.

Back
Top Bottom