Back after a few years.

Hi! Welcome home! Good to hear of your long term big picture with worms, organic gardening, greenhouses and chickens! You got it going on!!! I'd like to see some photos and know your location if you can. I am possitive you have some good info to share with us all.
I am not a RR fan... well, not that I am against, we had when I was little and all. I just thought them to be a little loud and a little bossy... :oops: ??? Plus I have been sold on Brahma's for awhile now. I did have a few R sexlinks pass through last week and was in awe of their prolific egg laying. Did not miss a beat with the travel, it was amazing.
K. then, again, welcome back home. Good to see you!
Thank you! We are in New England. It sounds like a stereotype or bias for that particular bird but we do need a little bossy and cold hardy. What I don't like is aggressive or passive. Production Reds have full on attacked me by flying over four feet up and pecking my chest and Polish have dropped dead when a goat jumped on top of their coop. I need a happy medium - a bird that defends itself until I can get out there if something is messing around the coop but will lay shortly afterward despite the stress. Given our setup, I see the birds as serving a long term function for tick control, soil fertilization and aeration etc and not just egg laying. I could go on and I am! I'll post photos soon.

smiley welcome back.gif

Back
Top Bottom