Back inthe saddle again

MyHappyChicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 1, 2012
Hi everyone. My name is Cliff and just as the heading said we are back in the saddle again. Amazing what you get into when you have time on your hands. This is going to really be fun now that my boys are old enough to really get into having chickens. 12 years back my wife just had to get "some easter chicks" from the local feed store. She just forgot to tell me what her version of some was......it was 20 chicks! Well we had lots of fun with them and they found the soft spot in my heart. After a couple of years I changed jobs and found myself without having time for them like I did have with work and school taking 17 hours of my life away each day. I talked to some of my friends and they adopted most of my little ones. Well come to the present time I thought my life was settling down, time to relax, go on trips and then it happened....I was down from a surgery for almost 2 months. Well with time on my hands and the world wide web... well I think you get the idea. I loved the look on my wifes face when she came home to a house full of chicks looking at me and saying were did they come from! As at the time I couldn't drive. It's been one year and she still can't figure out how I got them all. As of today we have 37 birds and growing. From Black Copper's to Jubilee's with a trio of Royal Palm turkeys to mix it up. I am looking forward to the years to come.

Thanks
Cliff

P.S. Happy New Year Everyone

Welcome to byc. I'm Rebecca and I'm really glad you joined. Back yard chickens is growing so fast. Its awesome. If you ever have a question just ask.
frow.gif
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom