Back into chicken raising!

HippyChickLady

Hatching
Jul 17, 2015
Colorado
Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I've been following this page for several months and decided I'd go ahead and sign up. So much great info on here! I grew up on a small farm in the country and raised chickens all of my years growing up at home. Didn't eat them, just pets for farm fresh eggs! Had barred rocks, buffs and then later ameraucana's. We had very good luck with the Ameraucana's growing up so this is the breed I decided to go with this year.....(roughly 15 years later) now that I've decided to do some in town backyard chickens! I'm a little rusty in raising chickens, but have remembered so much and enjoyed every step so far, from building my own coop and pen to purchasing and raising. I am now hopefully into the "magic egg" month so I'm excited for my first "in town farm egg"!!! Feel free to stop in and say hello!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Many of us were lurkers before joining, I was one for 2 years and so wish I had done it sooner. Lovely to hear you have got back into keeping chickens after a break.
The learning centre is a great place for a refresher on keeping your birds happy, safe and healthy. Here is the link of you have not already dropped by ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future and I hope you have some eggs soon. Waiting really can seem to take forever.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Glad you joined the BYC flock
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom