BACK ON LINE AT LAST!!! Hellooooooo USA

English Chick

English Mum
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Cheshire UK
smile.png
Hi everyone, how I have missed the BYC community...what happened, let me tell you. The night of 28th July we had the most dreadful storm here torrential rain, thunder, high winds and then the lightening started, there I was in bed watching it all, the storm was quite beautiful to watch ......lightening throwing itself down on the fields, then BANG! oh my Lord it's hit the house (or so i thought) we had a fireball over the house, the peacock was on the chimney stack roosting, throws myself out of bed (all electric off) grabs the torch, shouts the family to get out of the house runs outside (nearly got blown off my feet) so worried about Horatio the peacock, still in my "nightie" shines torch on roof, thank goodness he was OK, the lightening had just missed the house and hit the telegraph poles adjacent, no phones, no electric..hey ho. BUT we where all safe so where all the birds and field animals. But it has taken the services four weeks to fix the lines for the phones, it had burnt through to the house sockets, we have lost over £1000 worth of electrical equipment (no TV either!), but that is not the issue the internet was not working boo hoooo but today half an hour ago it finally came back on, the interent provider relented and sent all new euipment (boy was that a fight to get them to do that!). We where supposed to go to Florence for my birthday a few days later but that had to be cancelled due to the storm damage. But as a recompense for not going I bought myself some "Sultan" chicks, six of them and they are adorable and growing very nicely. I now have 37 birds so far and on the 30th I pick up 50 rescue hens...yippee.

The Hen Welfare came to see me this week to "vet" the place and I passed with flying colours! and they will let me have another 50 in Janaury so the sotrm was good for me in retrospect shal we say.

BUT I have missed you guys.....did anyone know I was missing from the forum...now theres a question.......catch up some more later...........

I'm glad to hear you weathered the storm! Good to see you back online, as long as their are books I can live without TV but not the internet lol. Especialy this site!
Sorry to hear you're missing out on your birthday trip but lets face it, sometimes the "presents" you get yourself are the best!! Congrats on your Sultans...how about some pics!

I have been wondering where you were! I thought perhaps you decided to spend your time on a UK forum.
sad.png

Sorry for all of your troubles, but glad you are back! We had lightning take out our heating/AC one year, and at another house we lived in, we lost a TV and a couple of lights.

Wow! What a mis-adventure you have had! So happy to hear that your family & fowl are safe!
wee.gif

Bummer about all of the electronics!
he.gif
We had friends in Florida that lost all of their equipment due to recent lightning also!!

Welcome back! I did wonder where you had been...

I figured you were having such a wonderful time in Florence that you decided to stay a while for a "culture boost" ! I am sooo glad to hear that you and yours are safe and recovering from the scare! And definately glad no critters were harmed in the making of this tale! Welcome back!!!!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
ya.gif
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom