Backyard Brahmas!!

Pics
yesss.gif
So glad it worked for you Vicki!
Sometimes you just need to think of them as naughty children.

These are some of my Buff Brahma bantams, a dark (I think, it came with the buffs) and some barred rock bantams.
They just started laying.

Not show quality but beautiful birds anyway!
I started raising chickens this spring for the first time and they are very cool!

Wow, bwoodruff, They're beautiful! I have a young pullet that resembles your dark one. She's sort of cinnamon colored. Mine were supposed to be buff laced and gold laced hatching eggs, and I was thinking maybe some black rooster had wandered in to the breeding pen, but maybe it was a dark. I need to get some pictures posted. You've got beautiful birds!

Taken a week and a half, 2 weeks ago, the GL Brahmas are obvious, and getting big.....thinking all girls at this point, as other than some more feathers and a little size, they haven't changed much. Of course there are some other breeds there, lol, and this was the old makeshift free range waterer.

Hello Folks,
I am looking for a couple of young Brahma Hens in the Central Florida area. Light, Dark, or Buff are all okay as long as they are pretty tame girls. My young daughter is wanting to start a chicken project for the county fair. We were planning to try to hatch from scratch, but have been told the birds need to be six months old or older to show. As the fair is in February we don't have time for the from scratch project. I thought since you are all "Brahma-fied" that maybe you could point some newbies in the right direction.
Thanks, The MommaBear and her LittleBear
yippiechickie.gif

Hello Folks,
I am looking for a couple of young Brahma Hens in the Central Florida area. Light, Dark, or Buff are all okay as long as they are pretty tame girls. My young daughter is wanting to start a chicken project for the county fair. We were planning to try to hatch from scratch, but have been told the birds need to be six months old or older to show. As the fair is in February we don't have time for the from scratch project. I thought since you are all "Brahma-fied" that maybe you could point some newbies in the right direction.
Thanks, The MommaBear and her LittleBear
yippiechickie.gif
I have some young Brahma pullets, but they are "designer colors." I have a lemon pyle pullet and a birchen pullet available. They are about 4 or 5 months old. We are in Brooksville, though, might be a little far for you to drive.

I took Chuck to the local arts and crafts festival today as our hobby farmer's mascot. People LOVED her! Lots of photos taken of her and lots of people interested in our group because she got their attention. I just love my CHicken-dUCK! :love
She wasn't thrilled with wearing a diaper, but she enjoyed all of the attention.

Hello There!

We are actually in Ridge Manor so Brooksville isn't that far. However, as she is using them for a 4-H project and will be showing them at the county fair in February. I think designer colors are accepted, but as they judge against "The Standard" I would think she wouldn't do so well in the end. Do you know of anyone in our area that might have any "Standard" colored birds for sale?

Thank You for your reply and I apologize for the delay in responding, life is well... Busy... LOL!

Back
Top Bottom