Backyard Brahmas!!

Took some more pics just now.. It's that kind of weekend apparently. I need to get some of my youngest Brahmas with Mom before she rejects them! They're fast and don't like pics lol.

These girls..

My middle "golden girl"

Oldest "golden girl"

And one more of her since the other was a still-shot from video and looks so washed out.. LOVE her and so excited for my other two coming up!

What beautiful girls you have!!!!

My first Brahmas!! Be prepared for lots of pictures LOL! I'm thinking the light is a boy...he's a spunky little guy!

Haha, I love that last pic... got camera shy!
Took some more pics just now.. It's that kind of weekend apparently. I need to get some of my youngest Brahmas with Mom before she rejects them! They're fast and don't like pics lol.

These girls..

My middle "golden girl"

Oldest "golden girl"

And one more of her since the other was a still-shot from video and looks so washed out.. LOVE her and so excited for my other two coming up!

Partridges have to be my favourites. It´s the first Brahma colour I saw here, and I just loved it. I bought a pullet, but she died while sitting on her nest... odd. I bought a pair (part hen, mixed cock) after that, and now I believe I have two little partridges coming along out there. So sweet.

I saw today that I had put a word that isn't even dirty in a private message and the site changed it to *******. I thought that was interesting.
I once posted something about my female dog, and calling her what she is, I got ***** ! Haha
if you mean the middle pics of the funny-laced blue one, those are pullets. But I can't wait either!! And see that's the thing? These weren't bought eggs.. These are grown birds I own! That's why the confusion.
Oops, sorry. They looked to be very tall like cockerels, and not much feathering on the wing. Probably just the photo, then. Still looking forward to pics when they´re bigger, though.
smile.png

Haha, I love that last pic... got camera shy!
Partridges have to be my favourites. It´s the first Brahma colour I saw here, and I just loved it. I bought a pullet, but she died while sitting on her nest... odd. I bought a pair (part hen, mixed cock) after that, and now I believe I have two little partridges coming along out there. So sweet.

I have 4 Partridge pullets and a rooster, and I'm expecting my pullets to lay soon. So sorry about your pullet, but
woot.gif
to your new pair! Some photos?

I have 4 Partridge pullets and a rooster, and I'm expecting my pullets to lay soon. So sorry about your pullet, but
woot.gif
to your new pair! Some photos?
Well I bought the pair a few years ago. I have the hen still, but sold the cock (gold lace mix) as, although he was nice, but wasn´t producing any partridge chicks with the hen. I bred the hen back to one of her sons, kept the best 2, and two generations down the line, I seem to have some little partridges. This is the hen a year or so ago... She has a great nature
This is a young supposedly partridge pullet that I bought when she was a chick. A bit small, but don´t have much choice here. I´ll put her with this fellow below:
This is the third generation down from my partridge hen. I took this pic a while back when he was still a baby. He´s not bad, he´s since developed a nice comb, a reasonable tail, I love his colouring, and am hoping that he´ll produce some partridge chicks with his new wives. If the two latest chicks I have turn out to be pullets, they´ll go into his harem.

Thanks! Here is a close up of her comb...

I can see a single comb.. She's not a brahma.. Sorry
But she sure is lovely and nice click :-D
Well, she´s essentially a Brahma, but the single comb shows she has a recent introduction of something else in her family line. Some folks use cochins to get the colours, etc, so could just be that.
@LadyBroody , If she were bred to a Brahma cock with a good comb, you´d be unlikely to see it in the offspring, but they´d carry it. Then, bred back to another bird that has the single comb gene, it´ll show with some, which is probably what happened with this pullet. blah, blah.....
lol.png

Pretty, though.

Thanks! Here is a close up of her comb...

I can see a single comb.. She's not a brahma.. Sorry
But she sure is lovely and nice click :-D
Well, she´s essentially a Brahma, but the single comb shows she has a recent introduction of something else in her family line. Some folks use cochins to get the colours, etc, so could just be that.
@LadyBroody , If she were bred to a Brahma cock with a good comb, you´d be unlikely to see it in the offspring, but they´d carry it. Then, bred back to another bird that has the single comb gene, it´ll show with some, which is probably what happened with this pullet. blah, blah.....
lol.png

Pretty, though.

Im thinking about processing my hatchery brahmas and starting over with good quality. Im not sure which color(s) to go with. Im not concerned with sop colors but would like good type. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

My LF Light Brahma pullets are 6 months old now and one has been observed checking out the nesting box. I am so thrilled!! They are nursery stock but perhaps in the future I will find breeder stock if I can expand. I love the LF temperments, so calm and easy going compared to my smaller birds. Love the big fluffy girls!!

My LF Light Brahma pullets are 6 months old now and one has been observed checking out the nesting box. I am so thrilled!! They are nursery stock but perhaps in the future I will find breeder stock if I can expand. I love the LF temperments, so calm and easy going compared to my smaller birds. Love the big fluffy girls!!
They are delightful, aren´t they? So sweet and gentle. And fluffy!

Back
Top Bottom