Backyard Brahmas!!

New to Brahmas, we have six in the brooder at the moment. Some really pretty birds on this thread. Our broody German Shepard :lau
What beautiful babies! Are they the buff colored ones? We started off with two, and sadly had to get rid of them because they were roo's, but we loved them so much we decided to try again and got more. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! Chickens are such amazing creatures! They bring our family a lot of joy!

So I was under the impression that the 8 chicks we got were Cochins, well turns out they aren't well at least not pure. In fact I've been told that they are Brahmas. I figured I would post a few pictures to see what the consensus was. I know they have the be mixed because some have all the feature but no feathers on their feet. Take a look.

So I was under the impression that the 8 chicks we got were Cochins, well turns out they aren't well at least not pure. In fact I've been told that they are Brahmas. I figured I would post a few pictures to see what the consensus was. I know they have the be mixed because some have all the feature but no feathers on their feet. Take a look.

They´re mixed-breed. I can´t help wondering if the breeder had leghorns and Plymouth Rocks there with his cochins/ brahmas. Pretty birds, though. And at least you should get some eggs from some of them.
smile.png

Heres 4/5 brahma chicks that have hatched so far, last one is still drying in the bator. So far 3 silver laced, and 2 blue laced reds. Hopefully they continue hatching. Most active day olds that I have had in a while. And these guys are extra fluffy from any chicks that I have hatched before. There is at least one more silver laced coming, there a tiny pip in one of those eggs.

Last edited:
Heres 4/5 brahma chicks that have hatched so far, last one is still drying in the bator. So far 3 silver laced, and 2 blue laced reds. Hopefully they continue hatching. Most active day olds that I have had in a while. And these guys are extra fluffy from any chicks that I have hatched before. There is at least one more silver laced coming, there a tiny pip in one of those eggs.

So sweet, you can see there´s a lot of Brahma in them! What´s the other 1/5th? I have some chicks that are 7/8ths Brahma, so sweet. The 1/8th part is Orpington.

Sorry I meant 4 chicks out of five are in the pictures the last one is in the bator. And now its currently 4 silver laced and 2 blue laced reds.

ETA: One of the silvers died while i was at classes, it was one that got stuck half way through zipping, even with the humidity at 75, the membrane stuck to its fuzz and was like that for about 24 hours before I helped, it was half fuzzy in the shell, and drying.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom