Backyard Brahmas!!

Love brahmas! Wanted to share pictures of a couple of my 6 month olds. Our Cockerel we named fozzie is turning out unique in color. Love them all!

What what a cute chicken butt!! LOL They are beautiful!! My 13 week old cockerel is always laying around watching like yours is in the one picture! He is really pretty.

Not Brahmas, but I have many a bird between the ages of 7-10.
Why kill them off if they have so much experience? I keep them as broodies and teachers. Roosters, too. Most are an heirloom Araucana flock, tough and long lived. The girls still lay quite well. They are incredibly important to the grand scheme of things here.

This old rumpless hen has raised hundreds of chicks, including meatbirds. Look at her spurs- but when she goes back to laying, she will lay a clutch of nice blue eggs. I think she's 9-10.

Not Brahmas, but I have many a bird between the ages of 7-10.
Why kill them off if they have so much experience? I keep them as broodies and teachers. Roosters, too. Most are an heirloom Araucana flock, tough and long lived. The girls still lay quite well. They are incredibly important to the grand scheme of things here.

This old rumpless hen has raised hundreds of chicks, including meatbirds. Look at her spurs- but when she goes back to laying, she will lay a clutch of nice blue eggs. I think she's 9-10.
absolutely agree!! My flock is here for their whole lifespan- she is beautiful!!

I have a curious question.... Are bantam Brahmas actually like a normal sized hen given that the large fowl size are so big, or are they pint sized like other bantam varieties?

No :) the roosters are about 3/4 the size of normal hens, my brahma pullets aren't full grown but I think they would be half the size of normal hens. My other bantams are just a little smaller than half.

Back
Top Bottom