Backyard Brahmas!!

0.jpg

Well, its official, Blanche is a lap chicken. She is the first to hop up onto my lap when I sit down, and she follows me around like a lost puppy.

5 weeks old:

She also has somehow pulled off one of her toenails... so I cleaned it up the day it happened when the toe was freshly injured. But each day she just gets it caked with dirt and mud. I clean, she cakes. I have my fingers crossed it heals up alright and that her toenail regrows like it should. Time will tell.

OMG. Way cute! And the dark ones are much more obvious in 3D, haha. They look happy, healthy, and most importantly... FLUFFY!

They are like friendly piranhas! Love them already. Hope there's a big bunch of girls in there so I don't have to let many go! I need one or two males and some girls, can put an extra girl in with the Barred Rock crew if need be since they can handle that rooster due to their size, but I don't want to let any of them go! Just don't have unlimited space in the barn, but maybe I can tuck someone somewhere.

Well, its official, Blanche is a lap chicken. She is the first to hop up onto my lap when I sit down, and she follows me around like a lost puppy. 5 weeks old: She also has somehow pulled off one of her toenails... so I cleaned it up the day it happened when the toe was freshly injured. But each day she just gets it caked with dirt and mud. I clean, she cakes. I have my fingers crossed it heals up alright and that her toenail regrows like it should. Time will tell.
Awe
2764.png
That awkward chick head with real feathers phase, lol. My 3 month old Sparkle is the same way! The most ridiculously friendly chicken I've owned to date. I just love her!

Awe
2764.png
That awkward chick head with real feathers phase, lol.
My 3 month old Sparkle is the same way! The most ridiculously friendly chicken I've owned to date. I just love her!

Hahaha, don't we all remember the awkward teenage years....
gig.gif
. Sparkle's black feathering is just beautiful. My daughters call it a necklace, and well, Sparkle's necklace is beautiful! I can't wait for mine to feather out as she grows.

Can any one sex these 5week old brahmas

5 weeks is usually too soon to be sure of anything and in another 3- 5 weeks or so you will want a pic of them standing taken from a side view as well as a really good straight on shot of the comb that is not at all blurry. I was pretty sure of my roo at about 8 weeks (and suspected by 6) just based on a faint 3 rows showing in the comb, larger leg girth than his other Brahma counterpart in the batch and larger size. By 10 weeks his comb was significantly pinker. His female counterpart got her tailfeathers sooner but barely and he soon caught up. I wish I could remember the exact age of this one but I was really sure by this time that he (one on right) was a he.

Back
Top Bottom