Backyard Chicken Zyfend A De-Wormer

M

member 158781

Has anyone heard of this “de-wormer” or uses it? It’s the only poultry de-wormer our Co-Op offers. There is no more wazine for sale. Is this Zyfend stuff worth anything?

If I was treating worms, I would try to get some Valbazen or Safegard Liquid Goat wormer and dose each chicken. Valbazen dosage is 1/2 ml for a 5 pound hen given once and again in 10 days. SafeGuard dosage is 1/4 ml for each pound (1.25 ml for a 5 pound hen) given once and in 10 days for roundworms or given 5 days in a row for more serious worms. Toss eggs while on wormer, and for 14 days after the last dosage.

If I was treating worms, I would try to get some Valbazen or Safegard Liquid Goat wormer and dose each chicken. Valbazen dosage is 1/2 ml for a 5 pound hen given once and again in 10 days. SafeGuard dosage is 1/4 ml for each pound (1.25 ml for a 5 pound hen) given once and in 10 days for roundworms or given 5 days in a row for more serious worms. Toss eggs while on wormer, and for 14 days after the last dosage.
X2

Hi eggcessive. Thanks. I do have liquid safeguard for goats too. But I read that it doesn't do much for chickens. The info is conflicting. One or 2 chickens do have nasty butts so I know I need to do something. I know the method for worm egg counts with horses. I use a master slide for that. Can the same method be used for chickens? And I suppose it takes droppings that are very very fresh or else the eggs will have hatched. (At least that is how it works with horses)

Back
Top Bottom