We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

Backyard rescue ward.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gmom66charger, Jul 18, 2019.

1. gmom66charger

gmom66charger In the Brooder

Jul 18, 2019
    We have rescued a variety of animals over the years. Our current clan, 5 dogs, 1 cat, 2 bunnies, 6 sugar gliders, a squirrel, 4 goats, 2 roosters and 5 hens.

Chickens are new in the last six months, rescued 2 roosters who were at the bottom of the pecking order in bad shape. They are kept in separated by a fence both have an a acre of free range each. Stumpy, who has a stump foot and 3 half toes on the other would only take one hen. He is a sweetheart and very protective of her. He was small, few feathers, picked on and could barely walk. Very healthy and beautiful now. Has a purpose. Think he is a Leghornand is Lady is a Brahma.

Scrubs, a Silkie rooster, had his comb pecked and terrible feathers, he has paired with Lil Mama, a Brahma, Jasmine a French Copper Maran, Rainbow, a Blue Americana, and Violet a Road Island Red.

It is so amazing and entertaining to watch the roosters with their flocks.

I found your site, BYC because every search I did you came up. Thank you.

2. Welcome!

007Sean, rjohns39, fldiver97 and 7 others like this.
  3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    WELCOME! I love rescue! I used to foster and rescue. Good for you!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    007Sean, rjohns39, sourland and 8 others like this.
  4. tripletfeb

tripletfeb Songster

:welcome

007Sean, rjohns39, fldiver97 and 7 others like this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    thank you for rescuing the roos and giving them a purposeful life. Welcome to Backyard
    Chickens. :wee

rjohns39, sourland, Cynthia12 and 6 others like this.
  6. Aunt Angus

Aunt Angus Crowing

Jul 16, 2018
    Sacramento County, CA
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! LOVE this place!!!

Good for you being a rescuer! The world could use more people like you. I decided to do the same with my next flock additions after learning more about different facets of the poultry industries, from batteries to hatcheries to processors. Thank you for being generous and caring!

007Sean, rjohns39, fldiver97 and 6 others like this.
  7. ButtonquailGirl14

ButtonquailGirl14 Crossing the Road

Jul 13, 2017
    Northport WA
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you could join the Flock! let me know if you need anything! You have done wonderful things for these animals!

007Sean, rjohns39, sourland and 7 others like this.
  8. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your rescue animals and bird's!

9. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

007Sean, rjohns39, sourland and 5 others like this.
  10. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: