backyarding in VA

Lindsey326

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Hi there. I'm Lindsey. My husband and I live on an acre in VA, outside of Fredericksburg, VA. We have 3 dogs and 9 hens and 8 chicks. We just started having chickens about a year ago, and it is wonderful. We have been utilizing the Backyardchickens resources for a while, and I figured it's time to sign up. We built a brooder over the winter and have 8 little ones in there currently. We have 9 lovely ladies outside in their "Barbie Dream House Coop". However, this spring/summer a new coop will be built to accommodate all of the chickens.

The ladies enjoy roaming the yard when we are home. We let them look for good bugs, and enjoy some things we have planted in the garden for them. We are in the midst of planting a chicken/herb garden that will be for their enjoyment.
The other day Red figured out where the food comes from as I was giving them all a little scratch.... She is an opportunist every time I open the bin now...

Greetings from Kansas, Lindsey, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! You have a flock of happy healthy chickens! Good luck to you and your brood!

Welcome, you'll find everything you need to know right here on byc. And probably make a few friends too. In fact you just made one new friend since I'm in Fredericksburg too.
Let me know if you ever need to use my whizbang chicken plucker for a run of meat birds.

Back
Top Bottom