Bacteria in Egg

elliebellie123

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 18, 2012
I'm worried, when I candeled one of my eggs I found that there were spots all over the inside, obviously indicating bacteria as I have learned from this website. Is there any chance that this egg will hatch?

Last edited:
I believe the answer is no. Incubators are perfect for incubating eggs AND bacteria. And the bacteria will win.

You didn't say what day you were on, but unless it was late in the incubation period I think you should probably toss it.

stevetone, it's been in the incubator for a whole week now and hasn't spoiled or shown any signs of rotting, should I still toss it?

stevetone, it's been in the incubator for a whole week now and hasn't spoiled or shown any signs of rotting, should I still toss it?

At one week, if in your candling there is no sign of a viable embryo, I would remove it from the incubator.

A viable one-week embryo will show "spider-like" veins and possibly a visible heartbeat and other slight movements.

There usually is no harm keeping it in there for a bit longer--sometimes I do that "just to be sure." But it's more wishful thinking on my part than anything else...

Back
Top Bottom