Bad chikkun!!

Quote:
Try telling that to the chickens!!
smile.png
Unless of course you have cochins, then the wings are strictly for balance when then run around like idiots!
ep.gif

I'm getting my very first baby chicks in a few weeks. 2 BR so i'm trying to learn everything possible.

Quote:
Try telling that to the chickens!!
smile.png
Unless of course you have cochins, then the wings are strictly for balance when then run around like idiots!
ep.gif

I'm getting my very first baby chicks in a few weeks. 2 BR so i'm trying to learn everything possible.

When we got our first heritage turkey, I figured it was like the Broad Breasted variety that my kids raise for fair. Wholly cow, she flew up onto our roof, we ended up having to clip her wings or else she wasn't allowed out of her pen!! She learned to lift the tiles on the roof to look for yummy things! (Yes, we need a new roof)

But the little cochins don't fly, they flap their wings and run as fast as they can. (I think it is the illusion of flying for them)

Oh they fly alright. One of my Araucanas surprised my by jumping, flying over the 6' fence, flying over the street (at about 7' high) over a VERY shocked car/driver ("there's a chicken flying above my car...") and then rounded back into my yard and landed on the ground like nothing happened. It was a good 30' long distance of actual flight.

I think it's an Australorp that's visiting doing it - so I can't clip it. Darn it. Smart BAD chikkun.

I don't have a ladder....

Climb the closest tree and try to aim for the roof. Sorry, just joking. Do you have someone around that will let you use their ladder. If you do, don't forget the camera
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom