Bad Eggbid Experience - Resolution??

Well, he finally contacted me this morning through email. He said that if I pay shipping, he will send me the correct birds. Or if I send the bad ones back, he will refund my original amount. Either way I see it, I am out another $30 shipping. Is there any 'rules' regarding procedure for this or is this just a 'moral' issue?

That doesn't sound fair to me especially since it was HIS mistake. If he was a good seller he'd try to make things right. Do you think he'd really send the right birds if you sent shipping $?

What did eggbid say? Were you able to recover your $ through paypal or Visa?

I would not pay shipping again - it's his mistake, he should correct it! He should ship the correct birds and pay for shipping of the wrong birds if he wants them back.

I cannot speak from experience but I have seen several posts in the past regarding the follow-up and help provided by eggbid as being completely absent. Hopefully, your case will be different. I think your best chance of recovery is to try to get your money back (via Credit Card or Paypal) and cut your losses there. The latest response shows that this is not a person to be trusted and no one you would want to do business with. I do know from experience (being on the losing end) just how easy it is to file a chargeback on your credit card when you are the customer. Everything is always in your favor and the merchant assumes all risk when processing a charge. I would doubt that this person accepts credit cards, though, as it sounds like they are less than professional in their dealings. How did you pay?

Unfortunately, you may wind up stuck with bad birds and out the money as well. This is why it is so important to try to find out as much as possible about a seller before buying. Honest people assume that most people are honest and that is what makes it so easy to take advantage of them. Hope it works out for you.

Richard

You should let us all know what this man's eggbid name is also. We can all send him an e-mail and tell him what a jerk he is.

It was his error and he should send you the birds you paid for. If he wants his crappy birds back he can have them, just send them COD.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your input. I paid by money order so getting that back is not happening. As far as looking into this guy before bidding, I spoke with a breeder/contact of mine near where this guy lives, my contact told me of the nice birds that he has and she felt the family was trustworthy. My contact has had positive dealings with the mother and I am dealing with the son. I know there is always a risk when bidding on things that you cannot see in person. I am not sure if I should fight to have this guy just ship the correct birds at his expense or if I just fight for a full refund at this point. Either way it will be a fight I think. My problem is that I am a very trusting person and expect that everyone will do the right thing.

Unfortunately this world is going to H*%% and because of people that take advantage. Sorry this has happend to you and it is a real shame that this person is still trying to hoodwink you when it was i wrong doing and you were the victim. good luck trying to get him to step up and be a man of his word. that just steams me:mad:

Unfortunately this world is going to H*%% and because of people that take advantage. Sorry this has happend to you and it is a real shame that this person is still trying to hoodwink you when it was his wrong doing and you were the victim. good luck trying to get him to step up and be a man of his word. that just steams me:mad:

Ummmm......

If you have the contact info for his mom, get HER after him. Contact her and let her know that sonny boy is screwing up the family name. THAT might straighten him out.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom