Bad experience with chickensaloon.com

badfarmer

Hatching
Jul 5, 2016
I purchased a coop kit from chickensaloon.com and put my two-month old chicks in April 1. After three months the coop is completely falling apart. It was marketed for 10-12 chickens and probably has a realistic capacity for six, maximum.

I am located in middle Tennessee where we experience fairly regular heavy rainfall. The laying boxes and roof leak, the hardware is insubstantial and the wood is thin and weak. The ramp fell off during a storm and while I was repairing it, two of the ramp crossbars fell off. Much of the construction uses tiny nails, thin and breakable screws, or just glue. I've put bungees all over to protect my birds from predators.

I paid $800 for this inferior product and am having to have a new one built. For you newbies out there--DON'T PURCHASE COOP KITS FROM CHICKENSALOON.COM!!!!!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience with your coop. I too have purchased a coop before and it's not been at all what I expected it to be. I certainly would not put their recomended amount of birds in it. In the end I've used it as broody and sick bay coop.
Please do check out our coop section ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coop_Designs
I'm sure you will find it most interesting and give you ideas for the future.

Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC - sorry to hear of your coop troubles. Sad to say, you are most certainly not alone.

Best wishes
Ct

Back
Top Bottom